This Privacy Statement applies to personal data collected, used and stored by The Best Social B.V. having its registered office at Oostenburgervoorstraat 83 A (1018 MP) Amsterdam, the Netherlands and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 66510805 and its affiliated companies.
The Best Social takes your privacy very seriously. We do everything we can to convey the information on our Platform with the greatest possible accuracy. This Privacy Statement explains the types of personal data we collect from and about you and how we use, disclose and protect that data as well as your ability to control certain uses of it.
The Best Social Conference
This Privacy Statement is applicable to the services relating to The Best Social Conference.
What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, telephone number, address and email address.
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when registering to attend The Best Social Conference, to make use of our Services related to The Best Social Conference and to purchase a ticket for The Best Social Conference. This type of information may include your name, email address, user name, telephone number, date of birth, user generated content, post and other content you submit to our Services and any other information you provide voluntarily to us.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. For example, information from your social media accounts, public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, household information, consumer and market research data, purchase behaviour and preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests. The aforementioned processing of personal data may also be based on legitimate interests of The Best Social.
For which purposes do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the Terms and Conditions and provide you with the required Service or information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have consented to the processing which consent may be revoked at any time.
- Where you have made the information manifestly public.
- Where necessary in the public interest.
- Where necessary to protect your vital interest.
The following purposes are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide you with Services that you request from us;
- Communicate regularly with you to inform you about service updates, content, special offers and advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- Contact you if this is required to perform our Services;
- Inform you about changes in our Services and our Platform;
- Send you an invoice for our Services;
- Resolve consumer issues and issues with our Services;
- Improve your customer experience on our websites and Platform;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and Services;
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalised offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs;
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- Create external marketing & analytics reports;
- Market our Services and use and distribute footage and photographs in order to highlight your participation in our Services and for other legitimate business purposes;
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network; and
- Analyse the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our Services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing Services, to design new Services and for business development.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may disclose your personal data to third parties if needed to provide the Services, which third parties will process your personal data in conformance with this Privacy Statement.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- If we sell a business or part of a business to another company then the transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company. We would require the buyer to treat your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- To any other third party with your prior permission to do so. For example, our networking module that provides attendees with the option of making connections with other attendees and sharing profile information.
Where an Event is stated (in the booking process of that Event) to have a Delegate List, this means that names, job titles and organisations of all registered attendees at the Event will be included on a list that is provided to speakers, sponsoring companies and other attendees at the Event.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in the Netherlands or any other country in which The Best Social (or its affiliates, subcontractors or agents) maintain facilities. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
You can sign up to receive our newsletter via the Platform. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer, you can use the unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
How do we protect the personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through the Platform is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
In particular: (i) we encrypt many of our Services using SSL (ii) we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, from time to time to guard our systems against unauthorized access, and (iii) we restrict access to personal information to our employees and all other parties we work with, who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore your have the right to data portability and you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data.
Links to other websites
Our Platform may contain links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. This Privacy Statement applies solely to personal data collected, used and restored in connection with the use of our Platform.
Changes of the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be changed from time to time. If we make any substantial changes to this Privacy Statement and the way we use your personal data, we will provide appropriate notice to you. Please check our Privacy Statement frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal data.
The new Privacy Statement will be effective immediately upon posting. By continuing to access our websites or to make use of Services, you agree to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or your privacy, you can contact us at: [email protected]
The Best Social B.V.
Oostenburgervoorstraat 83 A
1018 MP Amsterdam
If you have any complaints about our Privacy Statement or the way The Best Social processes your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. More information can be found on the website: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/