The Best Social Conference – Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out the rules for the registration and purchase of passes for digital events organised by The Best Social (hereinafter also referred to as: “TBS”) and its affiliates.
Agreement: means the agreement between You and TBS regarding the online registration and purchasing of a ticket for The Best Social Conference, including these terms and conditions;
TBS Conference: The Best Social Conference organised by TBS which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the access link provided in an e-mail sent to You before the digital event. The digital event can be accessed live;
Ticket: electronic ticket for The Best Social Conference;
Terms and Conditions: The general terms and conditions of The Best Social Conference;
TBS: The Best Social B.V. having its registered office at (1018 MP)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands at Oostenburgervoorstraat 83a, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number: 66510805 and its affiliated companies;
VAT: Value Added Tax;
Website: the TBS websites, including – but not limited to – https://thebestsocialconference.com/ and any other website used by TBS at any time;
You: means every natural person that enters into an agreement with TBS by purchasing a Ticket and registering for The Best Social Conference.
Terms and Conditions
1. Deviations from these Terms and Conditions shall only apply when agreed in writing between You and TBS. The applicability of any of your purchasing or other general terms and conditions is expressly rejected, unless agreed otherwise by TBS in writing. By purchasing a Ticket or registering for The Best Social Conference You agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. TBS has provided You with these Terms and Conditions before concluding the Agreement. The Terms and Conditions can be consulted via the Website: https://thebestsocialconference.com/terms-and-conditions/.
3. If You are registering on behalf of another person You are obliged to inform this person about these Terms and Conditions and arrange for acceptance.
Conclusion of Agreement
4. By clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You conclude an agreement with TBS for the purchase of a Ticket. Therefore it is necessary that You (i) have filled in all necessary fields on the order form and provide your name and email address (ii) have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
5. After clicking the button “Checkout” or “Continue” on the Website You will receive an automatically generated confirmation email and the access link. Please note that the confirmation email can be in your spam or maybe blocked by a spam filter You use.
6. By submitting registration details, You agree to allow TBS to contact You as required for the organisation and administration of The Best Social Conference. If TBS cannot reach You and thus cannot verify the data entered by You on the order form, TBS may cancel the reservation.
Payment of Ticket and registration fee
7. The prices for a Ticket are listed on TBS Conference event page without local VAT or local taxes, if applicable. Payment must be done in Euros.
8. Participants agree and understand that the Organisers reserve the right to modify, change and adjust the price of a ticket type as well as add ticket types as it sees fit. At any time the Organiser shall propose promotional prices and/or offers for a definite period. As the case may be, conditions and period of validity of such promotional prices and/or offers will be subject to a specific advertising on the official website of The Best Social Conference.
9. Payment of the registration fee takes place during the checkout process and has to be done in full, by Visa, MasterCard or AmEx, in order for You to receive access to the The Best Social Conference.”
Transfer and Refund policy
10. If You are unable to attend The Best Social Conference, TBS will not refund your Ticket.
11. Please note that the Tickets purchased are for your own personal use or that of your business only and may not be resold or transferred for commercial gain under any circumstances. Where there has been any resale or attempted resale of any Tickets for commercial gain (or any other breach of this term), TBS reserves the right to cancel the relevant Tickets with immediate effect and without refund.
Changes or cancellation of the The Best Social Conference
12. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TBS reserves the right to make changes to the date and time for all parts of The Best Social Conference. In the highly unlikely case of rescheduling of The Best Social Conference, TBS will provide You with an access link to the The Best Social Conference at a later date. No refunds will be provided to You if The Best Social Conference is rescheduled.
13. TBS reserves the right to make changes to The Best Social Conference if there is a justified reason to do so, for example if The Best Social Conference speaker is prevented from participating. Please note that while The Best Social Conference speakers and topics are confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of TBS may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of The Best Social Conference speakers and/or topics. As such, TBS reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised The Best Social Conference speakers and/or topics at any time without any liability to You whatsoever. No refunds will be provided to You if The Best Social Conference is changed.
14. In the case of an unexpected incident or force majeure, TBS reserves the right to cancel The Best Social Conference. The total aggregate liability to You is limited to a reimbursement of the fee.
15. TBS is not responsible for any expenditure, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of The Best Social Conference.
16. The possession of a Ticket or admission to The Best Social Conference does not grant you permission to use any intellectual property, including logo, website, trademark or any other proprietary right of TBS, its affiliates or any third party, such as other attendees, sponsors or The Best Social Conference speakers.
User Generated Content
17. The Best Social Conference website may allow for questions to be posted to The Best Social Conference speakers and for other forms of user generated content (“UGC”). TBS does not guarantee that all questions posted during The Best Social Conference will be answered.
18. If You post any UGC on The Best Social Conference website, you are granting TBS a right (but not an obligation) unlimited in time to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete or commercially exploit that UGC in whole or in part as we see fit, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you. This means that You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use any UGC you publish in whole or in part in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever and without further obligation to You. You also waive any moral rights that you may have in regard to the UGC.
19. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish any UGC that:
- is not your own original work;
- containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication;
- is threatening, offensive, libelous, indecent or otherwise unlawful;
- is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age; or personally attacks any The Best Social Conference speaker or any other individual participating in The Best Social Conference.
Photography and Recordings
20. The Best Social Conference may be recorded by audio, visual, audio-visual or electronic means or photographed (including footage or photographs of individuals or groups of attendees). All The Best Social Conference sessions will be recorded. If You do not consent to being recorded, you can choose not to actively participate in The Best Social Conference session or choose to leave The Best Social Conference.
21. You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of The Best Social Conference website, or use any photographs or screenshots of The Best Social Conference for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by TBS.
22. TBS, and any third party licensed by TBS, is permitted to use and distribute footage and photographs from The Best Social Conference, which may feature images, name, voice and words of You, in any media (including social media) whether now known or hereafter to be invented throughout the world in perpetuity for the purposes of advertising, publicity, reporting and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of such recordings and photographs and without any further approval from You or any payment to You.
23. Notwithstanding any clause to the contrary, You shall not have any claim to compensation or benefits or any claim, including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity, arising out of any use, alteration, blurring, distortion or use in composite form of their name, image, picture, voice, or likeness in connection with such footage or photographs.
The Best Social Conference Application Profile
25. The Best Social Conference website may contain links to third party websites and contributions. Please note that TBS is not responsible for the practices of these third parties. We advise You to assess the terms and conditions of these third parties before using their website or viewing their contributions.
Access to or Participation in The Best Social Conference and Liability
26. You agree to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your access to or participation in The Best Social Conference.
27. TBS reserves the right to refuse your participation to or remove access to The Best Social Conference for any behavior TBS deems unacceptable such as any behavior that could disrupt, hinder or cause nuisance or a security risk to The Best Social Conference, or if You breach any of the Terms and Conditions without any liability to You or an obligation to refund.
28. Participants are always invited to check on our website whether prior registration by name is required in order to be able to attend certain workshops.
29. Views expressed by The Best Social Conference speakers are their own and TBS disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during The Best Social Conference. Materials distributed in connection with The Best Social Conference are intended for information only and should not be relied upon.
30. TBS is solely liable towards You for direct damages caused by the willful misconduct or gross negligence on its part. TBS’s overall liability never exceeds the total amount of the purchase price of the Ticket for The Best Social Conference.
32. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is null and void, the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full effect.
33. TBS may update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Terms and Conditions enter into force after they are announced via the Website.
34. If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions please contact [email protected].
Governing law & disputes
35. The Agreement between You and TBS and these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by the law of the Netherlands.
36. Any dispute arising from the Agreement or these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the competent court in the Netherlands.